Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pleasantly surprised!

Well weigh in for me was Friday morning, as my Thursday night meeting was closed for New Years day, and whilst I have really stepped up my exercise over the last two weeks, I refused to deny myself anything I wanted over Christmas and New Year. It was all about the portion size. I allowed myself a small piece of pudding with custard and 1 mince pie and enjoyed a lovely vegetarian pasta when we went out for dinner on New Years Eve. So when I weighed in Friday morning and lost 1.2kg I was extremely happy. This loss if for the last two weeks as our meeting was closed the week before also, for Christmas Day. This puts me at 86.6kg with a total loss of 33.1 and only 11.6kg to go. For the first time EVER I now officially weigh less than my husband!
The last two weeks have been busy spending time with the girls and sale shopping! Chloe talked me into buying a lovely white dress from Wombat, which I'm really glad she did, and it was great to buy the next size down for work pants and shirts. This means that what used to be a size 24/26 is now an even 14.
On the exercise front I am surprising myself with how much I am enjoying challenging myself. I am trying new walks with very steep hills and walking for much longer. Two new walk have the following stats:
walk 1 - 9500 steps, takes 1 hour 12 mins and burns 595 calories
walk 2 - 11500 steps, takes 1 hour 20 mins and burns 677 calories.
On a personal front I am very anxious and excited to be returning to the Riverland for a holiday on the weekend. I will be seeing my two best friends, whom I haven't seen since last Christmas when I was 33kg heavier, and I haven't told either of them I have been losing weight this year. I think they will be surprised!
More news in a few more days

4 comments:

  1. Nice chatting tonight Cathie. Looks like we have a bit in common.

    My 12 year old used to play netball at ETSA park.

    You are doing so well and the before and now photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathie
    Well done on your loss over christmas thats awesome, and I bet it must feel great weighing less than hubby, I've got another 13kilos to go before that happens to me mind you he's over 6ft!! I bet your excited about seeing your friends too you are going to be blushing an awful lot with all those compliments. Have a great time with them. Hope you got some good bargains in all that shopping, that is unfortunately my favourite past time retail therapy (Not great for the wallet though)Anyway have a great week, I'm back at work tomorrow so a bit of normality back!

    Cheers
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathie,

    Wow you have had an amazing journey so far. I am sure your best friends will be so proud of you when they see you.

    Thank you for popping into my blog. And yes I am determined to make 2009 my weight loss year.. enough of the yo-yoing and half hearted attempts.

    As far as the signature goes... www.mylivesignature.com and take it from there. I cut and paste mine at the end of each post but I am working on how to get it on permanently. Who knows?

    Good luck on the rest of your journey, can't wait to read more.

    Jo aka littlepiggy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Cathie,

    Thanks for the tip on the signature... I have changed my template and that will save me the cut and paste job now....

    Jo

    ReplyDelete